PALMER REY | Immigration Attorneys
Michigan Immigration Lawyers
US map.jpg

Services - Palmer Rey Immigration Attorneys

Immigration Attorneys located in Metro Detroit

what we do.

With over 40 years of combined experience serving the immigrant community, we offer everything...


U.S. citizenship is typically obtained through (1) birth in the United States, (2) naturalization of a Legal Permanent Resident, and (3) birth abroad from U.S. parent(s) or grandparent(s). Because citizenship laws have changed over the years, it isn't always easy to determine if someone is a U.S. citizen. Do you believe you are a citizen of the United States even though you were born abroad but have one or more U.S. citizen parent(s)? Did you enter the United States as green card holder when you were a child and your parent is now a U.S. citizen? Have you had your green card for years and want to apply for naturalization? We help you answer these questions, determine your eligibility for citizenship,  and walk you through the process.


The United States welcomes investors who want to start a business here or expand an existing one. Once you decided on the type of business, amount of investment and employment needs, we will discuss about various possibilities and devise the appropriate strategy. For example, non-immigrant visas like E-1, E-2 or L-1A allow you to live in the United States and manage your company. Your spouse is eligible to work for any U.S. employer and your children can go to school. The EB-5 green card program is available to investors who make a substantial investment in the U.S. (>$1 mil.) and create 10 full-time jobs within 2 years.

Deportation Defense and Appeals

We handle all cases for immigrants facing deportation, whether the individual is detained or not.  Our attorneys are able to analyze your case and provide you with clear answers, support and thorough explanations.  We have many years of experience defending immigrants before immigration judges and prudently represent clients in all removal proceedings such as: abandonment of lawful permanent resident status, asylum, bond hearings, cancellation of removal for permanent residents and non-permanent residents, marriage fraud, waivers, and withholding of removal.  If your relief is not granted, we will represent you on appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals and 6th Circuit.

Work Visas and Green cards

Would you like to work in the United States? A job offer is often the first step before applying for a work visa, unless you can demonstrate extraordinary skills or achievements. If you are a foreign national who is job-hunting in the United States, or has received a job offer, chances are that your employer will not be able to sponsor you for a green card right away. Instead, you will likely need to apply for a temporary, non-immigrant visa. Before you can do that, you will need to make sure that the type of job you were offered matches a type of U.S. visa.  We are able to creatively look at your curriculum and offer ideas and solutions.

Family Immigration and Waivers

We handle all family-based immigration cases, which can encompass many things. We help our clients petition for their family members so that they may immigrate to the United States as lawful permanent residents.  Following the family petition, we represent clients filing adjustment of status applications in the United States or consular process abroad. Additionally, if you are inadmissible to the United States because of being unlawfully present or for having a prior deportation, we have handled hundreds of I-601A provisional unlawful presence waivers, I-601 waivers of inadmissibility and I-212 waivers for prior deportations.  You can trust us to handle your case with attention to detail and compassion.

Everything else immigration

Simply because your individual immigration need is not listed here, it does not mean we don't cover it.  We handle everything related to the U.S. immigration laws and governmental agencies such as USCIS, AAO, ICE, CBP, U.S. Consulates, ARO, BIA etc. So, if you think you're eligible for asylum, DACA, TPS, U visa, VAWA, Special Immigrant Visa or another classification, give us a call. Also, if your case is being unreasonably delayed we will contact USCIS, the U.S. consulate, the Ombudsman, or your senator's office until we get an answer prior to filing a mandamus action in federal court.